Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit additional drivers for our client in the Stoke on Trent area.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- To deliver products to customers within a specific area in a safe and friendly manner
- Responsible for the care and upkeep of your designated vehicle
- To provide excellent customer service to every customer
- Core Warehouse Duties – The responsibility of preparing the vehicle by conducting operator maintenance, ensuring all products for a delivery are correct and that they have been loaded onto the vehicle correctly and safely
- Responsible for completing delivery notes, return sheets and collecting payments – Execute any special requests from customers by picking up and delivering items as directed on the delivery note
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping information strictly confidential regarding premise security and operational information
- Responsibility for checking the run sheets, picked orders for your deliveries and routing
- To plan your route and requirements for the drop by studying the schedule and any requests by the customer that are on the delivery note
- Make customers aware of any stock shortages or problems with their delivery
- Responsible for returning all empty cases and gas bottles and that they are correctly stored in the empties yard and unloaded in the correct manner
- Ensure that correct health and safety procedures are adhered to
- To complete all required checks and ensure that check sheets are passed to the distribution manager
- The ability to help in the warehouse when required
This role involves physical and manual handling Key Skills – The correct driving licence for a Class 2 or 7.5T vehicle – Good safety practices and driving habits – Good communication skills – Excellent customer service skills Average working hours: 40 hours per week, working five days over six To apply for the role of Class 2 / 7.5T Driver.